Thursday, June 26, 2008

A God Moment

We had a full day of conference on Wednesday. My workshop on children and family ministry inspired me and after sharing what I learned with Dad we went to the bookstore and bought several books that may help us implement what I learned. Other than that I was tie rd of people that I didn't know. I was looking forward to supper in a restaurant alone with Dad. We had ordered our food and just launched into a conversation when someone we knew came in and joined us for supper. Dad promised me ice cream after the evening service. At 9:10 we walked into a restaurant for ice cream. We ordered and then pulled out the books we had purchased earlier to look at. Our ice cream came, the waitress set it down and left. I was putting the first bite it my mouth when I looked up into the face of a stranger. He said, "Were you looking at books about the family?" "Yes" "Well my brother's family is in crisis, do you think they could be of help to him?" The result, he slid into our booth and opened up his heart to us. Turned out he knew the Lord but not his brother. His nephew, 16, had just been picked up for dealing drugs. They also have a 3 and 6 year old. He took the name of our books as well as some other information, shook our hands and left. Our ice cream was done. Why did God want that man to meet us? Only He knows. At 10:15 when I slid the dead bolt into our hotel door, we were finally alone. Praise God.

No comments: