Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blessing the Children

I have been working on my new passion, passing on our faith to the next generation. I am making a plan to help enable the families of the Meriden church to put Christ in the center of every home. One thing I have been studying is blessing children. I've asked myself what does it mean to "bless" a child. In the OT blessing involved asking God's favor on someone; it involved passing on of the faith. There are of course many ways to do this and hopefully Larry and I do some of them. It is also possible to verbally bless children and here I am practicing with my precious Grandchildren. Hopefully this will become a wonderful habit. Soon I will be holding a class at church to teach this and other ways to bless our children to the parents. The children may be after all our greatest mission.

No comments: