Sunday, April 26, 2009

25 years of AWANA

Larry surprised me big time by planning a celebration for me at church today. The celebration was to celebrate my 25 years as AWANA Commander. What a wonderful surprise it was. The cake was so special as you can see. It was the AWANA circle. I have decided to step down and not be Commander any more. It makes me a little sad but I am excited about some new ideas that I am developing. A little boy reading the poster asked me "What is an era?" I explained that it is a span of time and that this era represented 25 years. He looked at me and said, "I am not even double digits yet. :) I thank the Lord for my AWANA years. I have enjoyed it immensely. As always, Larry went way over the top to honor me. Thanks honey - I love you.









3 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go dad! It looks great! I love the cake. You're a good example to us. Congratulations mom! You deserved the recognition. I've learned a lot from you as you ran AWANA. Maybe someday I can follow in your footsteps and be an AWANA commander too.

Matt said...

Congratulations, Mom. It is hard to believe that it has been 25 years!

Recently I met a young woman at a library conference and she asked about my last name and said, "You know I attended AWANA at your Dad's church!" Just one of the many, many people you've touched during this "era."

I'm excited to see what you do next.

Dave said...

We are sparks for Jesus, sparks to light the world...

Way to start a forest fire Mom! Smokey the Bear would definitely not be happy with you but the rest of us are. Way to go!!