Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Trip to Milwaukee and Chicago

Near the end of October I took a trip by myself to Milwaukee and Chicago. The trip there was challenging, rain, some night driving and staying in a motel by myself. The reward however once I got there was oh so sweet. First (Friday morning) I stopped at Sarah and Eric's. Josiah was excited to see me and that squeezed Grandma's heart. He was delighted with my bag of books and wanted me to sit down and read immediately. Jackson was so sweet and a pure delight to love on. Around supper time Sarah, the boys and I climbed into my van and drove to Chicago to Dave's. There I was met by 4 enthusiastic Grandchildren. We had soooooo much fun. Eric came to Dave's later and then the next morning their family left for Kentucky. Saturday I spent with Dave's family. We went shopping, ate ice cream, read books and just soaked up being together. I love visiting Chicago. I had to leave on Sunday but before I left I had breakfast with Unity. We had a nice visit and a good breakfast. Then I left Chicago and headed home. The trip home was daylight and a beautiful day. It went good. I still am amazed that I can do this trip by myself but oh so thankful! It was wonderful to return home to Larry. How thankful I am to gave him waiting at the end of the road.

No comments: