Saturday, January 28, 2012

Eagles

Recently I watched an eagle fly effortlessly through the sky. I was spellbound by the ease of his flight. How easily he dipped and then soared upward. How confident and fearless he seemed. How Strong and never weary. When I am in putting my hope the in Lord, I feel like an eagle. I feel that I can soar above the world of chaos and problems. I feel confident and unafraid. I feel free and light in spite of my cumbersome body. So often however I forget to wait upon the Lord, I fix my eyes on this troubled world and I feel bogged down, troubled, and fearful. Oh Lord, help me to wait on you and to soar on eagles wings. This is the desire of my heart.
Isaiah 40:31 "but those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they wll walk and not be faint"

No comments: