Sunday, April 27, 2008

Changes

I woke up this morning thinking about changes. I thought about my children and grandchildren moving farther away from me. I thought about how much more difficult it is going to be to see my grandchildren. I thought about visits and how they will have to change. I felt sad. I know that the Lord will help us to be creative and to make new plans, but this morning I still didn't like that idea much. I decided I don't want things to change - I want things to stay the same and Sarah and Matt to come closer. The Holy Spirit reminded me as He always does that everything will be okay. Perhaps the changes will even be good for everyone. I took small comfort in that. At church this morning a lady talking to me was talking about all the changes in ones life but that Christ never changes. What a comfort there is in that. So I am working on some new creative ideas , deciding to trust Christ who has proven to be enough. Nevertheless for today I remain a little sad. Grandma

1 comment:

sarah said...

We are sad too mom. There are many days that I too get sad about how far away we are. No matter what the distance though we will always make trips home and I will always treasure all the phone calls we have that we may not have if we lived closer. We love you!