Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tractors, Funnel Cakes and Gospel Music

Friday Larry and I went to the Spencer Fair. I don't know if you all know this or not but Dad is a Fair lover. Thankfully I like them also. Friday was a beautifulfall sweatshirt day. We looked through buildings with lots of products, went to a horse show at which they displayed many different colors of horses. I couldn't believe it but I picked the winning horse. Next year I may wear my hat and boots. We ate pork chops on a stick and some real fancy curly potatoes. They were yummy. Then we ate the famous "Nutty Bar" and also had a funnel cake. Truely fairs are about the food. We looked at cows, lots of cows and visited with a really nice man and learned all about the Gernsey cow (very interesting). We listened to a gospel quartet that was good and walked among tractors. Of course we always loving look at Dad's Oliver tractors. I think that is why he loves fairs, because he can relive the by gone days of the farm. Days that were simple and full of pure pleasure for a young boy. We had a wonderful time walking hand in hand and being thankful for small town America and for each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, that is a great story! I miss small town America today. I love fairs too. The fun for me is reconnecting with friends or acquaintances, and also, the walking from one sight to another without any rush. Great fun!

Thanks :)
Anita