Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Good Book

I do so much enjoy reading. I find it relaxing at the end of a day to read a novel. I do try however to also read some non-fiction. Right now I am reading a chapter or so a day out of the book entitled "Contrarians's Guide To Knowing God" by Larry Osborne. I have read most of this book before, but it always makes me think. I like that. This morning I read about faith.The following statement challenged me. "The Greek word translated as "faith" in our Bibles has nothing to do with a powerful imagination, eradicating doubt, or any other form of mind over matter. It has nothing to do with feelings or mental imagery. It has to do with obedience. Faith at its greatest-trusting God enough to obey, even when we're sure it won't work out in the short run. God is pleased with obedience, even when we expect the worst. What brings God's favor and power is our willingness to obey and act upon whatever tiny bit of faith we have." This is a book I would recommend. The other good thing is that you can read a chapter at a time and stop after each one.

No comments: