Saturday, May 3, 2008

Robin

Only 7 days of school left for me. I am both excited and sad. It is always sad to tell a family of little children good-bye knowing that we will never be together again. They have each one become precious to me. It is also always exciting to know that I will have nearly 3 months of freedom from a daily job. I do know however from experience that in just a few short days I will be bored. :) I want to introduce you to Robin. She is a little special needs girls that I have become very attached to this year. Robin is a victim of her mother's drug abuse and has many, many behavior problems. She is living in a foster home and has given me additional gray hair this year. She has however probably taught me more than any other child I have ever had. She has loved me as much as she has challenged me. She has forced me to new levels of patience and made me think outside of the box. She has made me laugh and scream, but at the end of the day when she climbs on the bus and hollers "I love you Sandy" I know I have the best job in all the world.

No comments: